Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's been to long.

I haven't been able to post something in a long time due to a bad Internet connection and having a newborn in the home again.
So let me introduce our newest member of the family to you:
Brendan Dale Snyder
My last appointment with my OB was on my due date August 5th and I was only 1 cm dilated and about 80% effaced. I asked him to not let me go a week overdue. I guess he saw how miserable I looked and told me that he was going on vacation that coming Thursday and told me he can induce me the day before. Allot of people in ward were telling me horror stories about being induced. I was hoping he would come naturally. Every night after that appointment Josh, Maddie and I would go on really long fast walks. Wednesday morning still no baby, I had to call the hospital around 6am to see if there were any empty beds. They told me no and I had to call back in two hours. Two hours later I called they said yes come on in. Josh and I rushed Maddie over to my friends house who had a very busy schedule that day(Thanks Sara) and off we went. I was omitted around 9:30 a.m. Checked to see if I dilated some more. There is two different ways to be induced. 1st way is if you are dilated at one or two(I can't think of the name right now but it's not through an IV) It takes like 14 to 24 hrs. to start labor. 2nd was is to get pitocin through an IV. I definitely did not want the first one. The nurse checked me and I was dilated to 4cm and 85% effaced. At 10:00 a.m. I received my epidural. My OB came and broke my water. Then the pitocin started. About 3 1/2 hrs. later I told Josh that I feel like the baby is going to fall out and two seconds later a couple of nurses came running in with a worried look on their faces, I told them what I was feeling. I asked them if there was something wrong with my baby. The nurses transferred my to a delivery bed and wheeled me into a delivery room. I was told not to laugh or cough because this baby will come out. The nurse called for the OB but he was delivering another baby. The nurse had me pushing which I hate only because the epidural works so awesome on my body that I can't feel anything and it's hard to push something when it feels like there is nothing their. My OB came rushing in and scrubbed up and changed. Four pushes later out came Brendan. This was a relaxed and fast labor compared to my first.
Brendan was born at 2:04 p.m. 6lbs 8oz and 18in long.
Let me tell you what Brendan is like at 7 wks.

He breastfeeds for 20 min. on each side and drinks four ounces of formula after that.
He eats every hour.
He now weighs about 9lbs.
He does a really good job at holding his head up.
Loves to be held.
Gives really cute smiles.
Keeps mommy up at night(I've been living off of 3hrs. of sleep each night).

No comments:

Post a Comment